To deliver on its mission successfully, the National Rehabilitation Center provides several prevention and training programs as follows:
- Secondary & Relapse Prevention Program: It aims to reinforce treatment results and stop drug-induced effects through weekly sessions for inpatients and individual sessions for outpatients.
- Fawasel: It is a school-based prevention program designed to protect school students (young and teenagers) against risky behaviors that may lead to any kind of addiction.
- Family-based Prevention Program: It leverages the family role to oversee and monitor the patients’ conditions and to re-instill the good values and sense of social responsibility in them.
- Work-based Prevention Program: It involves integrated intervention to ward off potential drug and substance abuse, post-addiction stigma minimization and co-workers’ support.
- Community Mobilization Program: It is intended to provide an understanding social environment that can protect, support and care for addicts under treatment to reinforce the patients’ recovery and inclusion.
Introduction about the National Rehabilitation Center and the services provided
The National Rehabilitation Center ‘NRC’ was established upon the insightful directives of the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan in 2002 to serve and provide a glimpse of hope for all drug addicts.
International Journal of Prevention and Treatment of Substance Use Disorders - Issue 3 &4
The journal is published by Colombo Plan’s Addiction Advisory Programme, in collaboration with the National Rehabilitation Centre, Abu Dhabi - UAE. It is a peer - reviewed journal on prevention treatment of addictions.